Chapter 2 describes the enrollment of Washington, DC's public schools by neighborhood and over time. The chapter also includes the type of specialized programs the schools offer, and the number of schools that have opened and closed over the past five years. Some questions that Chapter 2 answers includes:
- How many local education agencies and schools do we have in Washington, DC?
- What is the average size of a Washington, DC public school?
- Where in the city is public school enrollment greatest, by sector and by special need categories?
- How many schools have been opened and closed over time?
- What types of specialized programs are offered and where?
- What is the distribution and enrollment of schools by the School Transparency and Reporting (STAR) Framework?